If you want to try out the modern “Conductor”, then it is not necessary to install a Windows emulator 10X to your computer. It can be run on an ordinary Windows 10 after some manipulations.
The new Explorer is a web application with an interface similar to OneDrive but he has got deep integration with the OS. Supported sync files between the cloud and the device. Overall this is a very early version with many limitations and flaws.
What do we need?
- 64-bit Windows 10 version 2004 or newer (build 19041 or above);
- Installed the OneDrive desktop app (you can download it here);
- Log in to your Microsoft account in the OneDrive desktop app.
“Explorer” is installed as a usual Windows store app and can be at any time removed without harm to the system. Classic Explorer not replaced.
- Make sure that you have installed the desktop version of OneDrive;
- Make sure that you are signed in to your Microsoft account in the desktop version of OneDrive;
- Open “Settings” -> “Updates and security” -> “For developers” and enable “developer Mode”;
- Download file MicrosoftWindows.FileExplorer.Proto_120.5101.0.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy.zip;
- Unpack the archive to any folder on drive C, for example, C:FileExplorer (the path to the files should not contain Cyrillic);
- Just right click the install file.ps1 and select “Run with PowerShell”;
- When the PowerShell window closes, you will be able to find a new “Explorer” in the menu “start”.