After buying a new PC or laptop most users notice a decrease in the speed of loading Windows over time. Download operating system Windows 10 resembles the road – if cars are too many, sooner or later forms a tube. Therefore, it is necessary to know how to speed up download Windows 10. Increase download speed Windows 10 in different ways, both software and hardware. First try to apply the settings to optimize the system — often enough to make the startup time of the OS is acceptable.
Enable quick launch
Quick launch technology is based on hibernate. At shutdown, the system kernel and drivers are stored in a file. The next time data is extracted from it and not load again. This reduces the boot time by 2-3 times. Fast startup is enabled on Windows 10 by default. However, sometimes it has to be deactivated — for example, to enter the BIOS. Let’s check what state a function we have:
- Open “Settings” and go to the “System”.
- Go to the submenu “Power and sleep”, click “advanced power settings”.
- In the left menu, click “Action of the power buttons”.
- Go to the section with the settings that are currently unavailable.
- Find the option “Turn on fast startup” and mark its checkbox.
- Saved the new configuration download.
To check, reboot the system and see how fast it runs now. The difference will be noticeable.
Setting startup list
When starting Windows run applications that are added to the startup list. If they consume a lot of resources, loading of the system is delayed. To avoid this problem, it is enough to check and clean the autorun list.
- Run “task Manager” using Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Go to the tab “startup”.
- Look, what programs are added to the list, and disable unnecessary.
The first thing that catches the eye — Skype. He had himself prescribed in the startup, although I do not need at system startup. The list is not specified, what kind of load creates Skype, but in any case, this is a great example of the waste of resources. So we click on the app, right click and choose the option “Disable”.
This is not a universal recommendation, but only my particular case. You disable those programs that you don’t need immediately after starting WIndows: messengers, cleaning utilities, games customers.
Purification system from a file collection
Temporary files, logs, incorrect entries in the registry — to check all this leaves additional resources. If you get rid of unnecessary data, the download speed of the system increases. This can be done using the built-in Windows 10.
- Go to “This computer”.
- Click on the drive where you installed Windows 10, right-click and select “Properties”.
- On the General tab click “disk Cleanup”.
- Waiting for the completion of the analysis.
- Note removing the found junk files.
- When removal is complete, again start the cleanup. This time after the analysis click on the button “Clean up system files”.
- Repeat the cleaning procedure.
You can also find tips on the need to disable unnecessary services or use special accelerators. This can lead to negative consequences, while the benefits will be minimal. Download speed if increases, then fraction of second that doesn’t matter.
Upgrading your computer
From the system settings there is a limit to performance that depends on the hardware capabilities of the computer. If you use the old HDD with lots of bad sectors, then no optimization will not help to achieve the fastest download Windows 10. It is therefore very important to monitor the condition of components and, if necessary, to update them.
Probably the main way to increase the speed of loading and replacing the HDD to SSD. At the same time from HDD do not have to give up entirely – you can leave it as a second drive on which to store user files. Let the SSD is used for system and demanding applications. If you are implementing a bundle of disks, you will notice a serious jump in the speed boot the system even without additional optimization.