Use the task Manager
The task Manager can display useful information about the tabs and the extensions that are currently running in Firefox. This information displays a few columns:
- Name displays the names of the tabs and extensions that are currently running in Firefox. This column also displays the identifiers of extensions.
- Type indicates whether display list item with Tab or Extension.
- Power consumptionshows the computing power of the used CPU. Tasks with higher power consumption put your battery faster and can reduce the performance of your system.
- Memory shows the amount of RAM, which is a task currently in use on your system.
Some tabs contain additional subtasks that can be viewed in task Manager Firefox. It may be sub-frames, trackers or supporting services associated with the tab.
You can view subtasks by clicking on the arrow to the left of the task name. You can hide the subtasks by clicking on the arrow to the left of the task name.
When you hover the mouse over the element the task Manager displays more details about the performance of this tab or extension. In the right part of the task also appears in the action button.
With the button action:
- For tasks related tabsTo close a tab.
- For tasks associated with the addition of: Open the sites in a new tab.
Mozilla is working to integrate the process Manager in the web browser Firefox organization. Its preview is available in the latest builds of Firefox Nightly.
Navigate to “about:processes” in the address bar to open the Manager. Currently, the utility has the following sections:
— The GPU.
— Privileged about.