Microsoft tried to make Windows 10 the most friendly and easy to learn. Key features and capabilities are always on view, user can find everything you need. And yet, many seemingly basic options and settings most to this day is unknown. This is a very useful gestures, keyboard shortcuts, standard tools and some simple tricks with the computer. All of these chips can greatly enhance the usability of Windows 10 PC, and learn them to absolutely anyone.
History connections to Wi-Fi in Windows 10
If you connect to a Wi-Fi network with a laptop or desktop with Windows OS will remember the password for this network. You can find your wifi password on any computer with Windows that was connected to this network:
1. Press the combination of keys “Win + R”.
2. Type “cmd” and click “OK”.
3. Write “netsh wlan show profiles”.
You will receive a list of Wi-Fi networks to which you’ve connected to before. To find the password for one of the profiles, type the following, replacing “[profilename]”the name of the profile:
netsh wlan show profile name=[profilename] key=clear
In the line “Key Content” will contain the password selected network.
How to move a window to another monitor in Windows 10?
If you have two or more monitor, on Windows 10, you can manage Windows by moving them between all the monitors. To do this, you must enable the extension mode.
The mode expansion increases the space of your desktop across all available displays. It looks like one giant virtual workspace.
1. Hit “Windows + P”.
2. Select “Expand”.
3. Click on the title bar of the window.
4. Drag the window to the edge of the screen towards the other monitor.
In Windows 10 there are hot keys that allow you to instantly move a window to another display without having to use the mouse:
— “Windows + Shift + left Arrow” to move the window to the monitor on the left.
— “Windows + Shift + right Arrow” to move a window to a monitor located on the right.
How to install Linux Bash in Windows 10?
Windows subsystem for Linux presented in the Anniversary Update, was a stable feature in the Fall Update Creators. Now you can run Ubuntu and openSUSE in the Windows will soon be Fedora and other Linux distributions.
This feature does not work in the 32-bit version, so make sure you are using a 64-bit version of Windows.
1. Go to “control Panel” -> “Programs and features” -> “Enable or disable Windows components”.
2. Enable the option “Windows Subsystem for Linux” in the list.
3. Click “OK”.
4. Then restart the computer.
5. Open the Microsoft Store from the start menu and find “Linux” at the store.
6. You will see a list of all the Linux distributions currently available.
7. To install, click it, and then click “Install”.
To open application installed your Linux, just open “start menu” and find the distro that you have installed. For example, if you installed Ubuntu, run the Ubuntu label.
How to record gameplay on Windows 10 with the help of NVIDIA ShadowPlay?
ShadowPlay from NVIDIA, now known as NVIDIA Share, can record gameplay, broadcast live and show the FPS counter.
The program works only on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but if you have a computer with a modern NVIDIA card, there is a high probability that you also have access to this feature.
Recording ShadowPlay slightly reduces game performance. NVIDIA notes that the performance degradation is 5% and in more demanding games it can reach 10%.
Your records will be placed in the category “Video”. For each game there will be a separate folder with records. For example, if you record Minecraft, then “C:UsersBugfeatureVideosMinecraft”.
Full-screen start menu and tablet mode
A few of my readers asked in the comments of questions on the topic of how to enable start menu Windows 10 full screen, as it was in the previous version of the OS. There is nothing easier, and it can be done in two ways.
- Go to settings (via the notification center or press Win+I) — Personalize — start. Enable the “Open the start screen in full screen mode”.
- Go to settings — System — tablet Mode. And check the “Enable additional features touch control of Windows when using the device as a tablet.” When switched on, activates the full screen start, as well as some gestures from 8s, such as closing the window by dragging the top edge of the screen down.
Also, the inclusion of the tablet mode is by default in the notification center in the form of one of the buttons (if you have not changed the set of these buttons).