The life of modern man is virtually impossible to imagine without a smartphone or computer. Information technology permeates almost all aspects of our life and business activities, and a large number of organizations offer their services in this area.
Many of us have noticed that in crowded places, mobile internet is either very slow or not working at all. It is intuitively understandable that this phenomenon is akin to a traffic jam – the narrow neck of the operator’s infrastructure is tightly clogged with subscriber traffic.
When the Internet does not work well, users almost always think that the ISP is to blame, and the ISP very often thinks that viruses, VPNs or a glitchy operating system is the user’s fault. In reality, things are much more complicated and there may be dozens of possible causes. Traffic volumes on cellular networks confidently show exponential growth (aka geometric progression) at rates from 50 to 100% per annum in different countries, and the end of this trend is not yet visible.
It is worth noting at once that the speed of the Internet is falling very strongly in the evening, approximately from 19:00 to 23:00, due to the huge load on servers and channels of communication mainly online video and file downloads, so at this time, inevitably, there will be some decline in speed for all users, even those who have access to the Internet on ultra-fast lines on maximum tariff plans.
Why is mobile Internet bad
The answer is very simple: the network load increases. This problem is most often faced by residents of large housing estates – more people are at home, and the capacity of the base station sectors is not infinite.
But something can help: restart phone or turn on/off flight mode – if possible, the phone will connect to the least loaded sector.
Ways to solve the problem of missing or slow Internet
- Download from memory and disable autoloading of all torrent clients and programs for downloading files in their settings
- Disable or even temporarily remove all installed VPN services
- Turn on and on the Wi-Fi-router or modem
- Check if the traffic volume has run out at maximum speed
- If the modem or router that is used for Internet access has a wireless Wi-Fi module that does not have a password, some neighbors may use it.
- Mobile network base station is overloaded.
Reasons for no or bad Internet
- Inappropriate network settings.
- Replace the installed antivirus program
- Browser cache is full
- Network card malfunction
- System disk space is running out